What is the Affordable Homes Program?
Welcome to Thanksgiving Homes, CCHA’s Affordable Homes Program. In establishing Thanksgiving Homes the CCHA recognizes the housing crisis in our country and here in our community. To help bridge the gap, the CCHA developed the Thanksgiving Homes Affordable Homes Program. This innovative program is designed to house families with mid to low income. Thanksgiving Homes is placing new homes within several established neighborhoods in our community. We hope that the placement will help revitalize old neighborhoods and in turn minimize the housing shortage.
Click here for a list of the full Tenant Selection Plan
Interested in Buying a New Affordable Home?
Newly built homes are offered for sale before they are put in the rental pool. There are special financing programs available through local lenders. Below is a list of homes coming soon with estimated completion dates:
2037 Hudson (4/22/20) Completed.
426 Webb St (6/15/20)
1120 Main St (6/15/20)
1002 Manchester (6/15/20)
1517 Dorado St (6/15/20)
418 Webb St (7/30/20)
422 Webb St (7/30/20)
3018 Sabinas St (8/15/30)
2908 Mary St (8/30/20)
705 Lantana (8/30/20)
518 Claride (8/30/20)
For more information, please contact Dan Brown at (361) 889-3393.
How to Apply to Rent
Anyone interested in the Affordable Homes Program may stop by the main office located at 170 N. 19th St. to be added to the waiting list. Once your name reaches the top of the waiting list and a home becomes available, we will contact you to conduct full screening.
Eligibility and Screening
Once your name reaches the top of the waiting list (date/time), management will contact you to begin the application process.
- Income must be at least 2 1/2 times the monthly rent (per applicant/couple). Income requirements are not applicable to Section 8 voucher holders
- Must successfully pass a credit/criminal history background check for all members in the household, 18 years of age or older
- Rental history must be positive and verifiable prior to approval
Deposit and Rent
- Application fee and deposit must be submitted at the time your application is received (money order or cashier’s check only)
- Application fee is as follows: $15 per applicant (any household member over 18 years of age) or $20 per couple
- Security deposit is 50% of current monthly rental rate
- Pet deposit is $250 (maximum one pet per home), no payment arrangements will be offered; pet deposit does not apply to assistive animals
- Monthly rent is based on HUD Fair Market Rent